Tuesday, September 9, 2008

They Come and They Go.

I think I've crossed the finish line...at least for now.

Dear AT Readers,

I know I have been neglecting to blog on a regular basis lately. There is a good reason for this - I am actually more excited about and involved in my own life than obsessing over football players who I will probably never meet.

After a lot of consideration, I have decided to end regular posting on Autumn Thunder. It's not that I don't enjoy blogging anymore - God knows I had a lot of fun writing ridiculous material and polluting the blogosphere with second-rate Photoshop work. But, over the past few months, my life has gotten a lot more interesting and enjoyable outside the blog.

This fall, I'll be running 3 half marathons in 3 different states. I'm also running my first full marathon in Disney World in January. I'm most excited about training for my first Ironman half-triathlon which will be next summer.

There's also a super-secret project which I've been working on for the last few months which I can't discuss publically at this time - but it has the potential to be life-changingly awesome. I'll let you know how that one works out when the time is right.

All these things, combined with the time I spend with my lovely girlfriend and awesome dog leave little time for blogging these days. I don't want to be a sporadic poster and shake things up on an irregular basis - I'd rather leave Autumn Thunder at peace. I'll leave the site open for people to poke around for a while.

I still get a lot of enjoyment out of reading all the wonderful Michigan blogs out there, and will continue to take part in our little universe in the comment sections of the many sites that are way better than mine ever was. The vast blogosphere we have is a fitting tribute to the intelligence, wit, and ingenuity of Michigan football fans, and the love and devotion which our team engenders in all of us.

Thanks J*, for bearing with my blogging and for not being too grumpy when I chose posting and photoshop over you. Thanks for all the Michigan bloggers out there, espcially Brian, who linked my work and inspired me to write in the first place. And most importantly, thank you, AT readers, for making this a very fun part of my life for the last year and half.

For now, I bid you adieu.

Go Blue!

Most sincerely,

Adam aka The Cowbell Commander

12 Comments:

Jim Harbaugh Scramble said...

First M-Zone and now AT - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There needs to be a new blog to fill the Michigan football with a side of humor niche.

Brian said...

Godspeed, man, and if you ever get the inclination to create goofy photoshops let me know.

The Girl said...

I was wondering what was going on. I thought our blog had made the big time when you posted us as a link!! (Tailgating At The Big House)

Maybe you can do like I do...only blog during the season. Then whenever you feel like it...

If you do decide to stay away, I'll miss the photoshops. Good luck!!

Mr. W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. W. said...

Man I just started reading this in August. I actually started my own blog after seeing what low quality you can get away with..j/k . Good luck with the running the humor will be missed

September 10, 2008 11:20 AM

Rudolph said...

I'll take what I can get. At least you're not doing anything drastic and bagging it alltogether a la MZONE.

MD said...

is that charlie weis swimming in the background?

The Master of All said...

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

Aw man, I just got into this blog not too long ago. Oh well, good things come and go. Good luck in your future endeavors, sir.

NayVar said...

No way, AT is where I get most of my comic relief. This season will be tough to stomach without AT to turn back to.

I hope my blog can rise to fill its place. FAREWELL Cowbell Commander, and godspeed

http://www.107502.blogspot.com/

kojak said...

come back!

Doddy said...

Kisaran dana yang dapat digunakan sebagai modal bermain di sini tidaklah tinggi. Rata-rata oleh agen telah ditetapkan nilai terkecil untuk setoran deposit pertama kali.
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
bandar ceme
hobiqq
paito warna
http://199.30.55.59/sumoqq78/
data hk

Tony Chew said...

Menggertak tidak bekerja dengan baik. Anda harus siap menghadapi konfrontasi di sungai. Ini tidak berarti bahwa Anda tidak boleh menggertak
pokerpelangi
98toto

 

Don"t Click Here